Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A busy day

Today I'm on course at Hilton Garden Inn in City of Vaughan. I just take it easy, who cares if I'm late. I know nobody there, nobody knows me, cos I'm nobody.

Thought I knew how to get there since I'd googled the map yesterday. After dropping off Ryan to school, I start to picture the direction in my head, I wasn't sure what direction after exit Hwy 407, should I turn right or turn left into Jane St.? Damn it, everytime when I needed my GPS badly, it sure left at home. Blame the stupid GPS holder, it won't keep the GPS in place, that's why I don't keep it in the car.

I'm so bad when come to direction, no sense of direction at all. I find that most women have less sense of direction, especially those from the far east. I'm sorry fellow sisters, I don't mean to suck you all in, but I came across many women that can't tell direction including myself. Well, I was taught to give direction by left-and-right. But it doesn't work that way, here in North America, it's bearing system. North, East, South, and West. If you put me in the middle of nowhere, no way I will get my bearing right. I would just sit there and die. Aha, one thing good about me is I'm not ashamed to ask, I was taught to ask if I don't know (I've come across people who rather get lost but to ask).


So, I called office for direction. I picked this location because it's closer to home (not really close though). Others in the office are going to the session tomorrow held in Mississauga. Only me alone attending this one - it's party time! It was terribly bored. My mind was wandered when the speaker was talking. After finished my lunch, I feel stretching my legs, so I asked the girl at the counter if there is any malls nearby... aha, Vaughan Mills Mall. It's shopping time, woo-hoo! Look at the clock, I have less than 20 minutes till the next period, and it takes 5 mins to get there. That's mean, I only have like 10 mins left for shopping? Screw it! Without wasting any seconds, I quickly put on my jacket, jump in my car and head to Vaughan Mills Mall. I know exactly where I want to go. You gotta know your purpose of going to Vaughan Mills unless you plan to spend 5 hours there. The reason being, Vaughan Mills footprint is about 1.4 million square feet, single-level, fully enclosed super-regional shopping and entertainment mega-complex in Canada. I don't have the time of the world to spend in this mega mall. My aim is Toyrus. I know exactly what I'm looking for. I need to get Ryan this Leap Frog Tag pen thingy for Christmas.


My little guy loves reading books, I hope with this talking pen, he will be able to read on his own when we're busy or when we are on the road. Nice idea, isn't it? One thing not so good about this Leapfrog reading system is, it only works on their book and one book cost almost 20 bucks (that sucks). When I was at the checkout, the cashier ask if I want to get the warranty plan. Normally I would just ignore it. When one girl says I can simply return it for any reason. Wait a minute, this sound pretty good to me.

I was only 10 minute late for the afternoon session. I was sitting in the room, making my shopping list. After first period break, I take off. I have too many things need to get done today. First stop is Ikea, I need to get Ryan a train table for his Thomas. I just try my luck at Ikea, cos I don't really like Ikea stuff, bad quality.



I didn't realize I got so many stuff from Ikea. And look at my small car...


I got a coffee table (and I'm going to turn it into train table), an easel, 2 extra large storage box, 3 medium size box, and 2 small one, etc. My Aerio looks small but it has pretty big space inside. All the stuff I got fitted in plus a stroller.

Tony said it's typical engineer car - full of junks. There is shoes, mittens, reports, crackers, water, and last but not least, dirt.

This one taken last week after I finished site check, look at the dirt from my boots. Tony is going to sighs. He sent my car for a complete make over before I go back to work last month.

After Ikea, I head to Ryan's school. Today is parent-teacher interview day. It's funny, a 3-year-old is given a report card. It's pretty encouraging, his overall result is pretty good, I'm impressed, especially his French. He is learning French and Mandarin in school as other languages. He knows how to sing Happy Birthday in French, count 1 to 10, say good morning and good night mama, say I'm sorry... I'm so proud of him. Way to go, Ryan! Ms. Rachel was telling me that he is very good at Math and he loves Math more than anything. Oh well, typical Chinese kid. He can do adding. 5+4, 3+5, 3+4, 5+5... peanut! Next year she is going to introduce him multiplication. Did I hear wrong? Multiplication for a 3-year-old? wow.

After picking up Ryan, we went to pick up a X'mas present for my dad. I got him this Besta talking dictionary. I'm sure he is going to love it. I thought of stop by Markville Mall to pick up mom's present, but time isn't permit. I gotta bath and feed Ryan before we going to airport. Yes, Tony is coming home today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment