Saturday, January 23, 2010

Meet the purse snob

This weekend we decided to head south of border on a shopping spree. We have been crossing border fairly frequently now. Children clothes are relatively cheap compare to here in Toronto.


Jo Jo is the main reason of this trip. She wanted to shop for her son before going back to Shanghai. Also, this is the last weekend before my dad is going back to Malaysia. We have two person leaving the country soon.

We left our house just before noon to pick Jo Jo up. We're arrived in Niagara Fall at around 1.30pm. The hotel we checked in was packed. We couldn't get two smoking free rooms. One of our room is smoking room, the entire floor is smelly!! We got the housekeeper to refresh the room which does make a little bit better.

Dad couldn't go with us, cos he surrendered his crossing pass two weeks ago during our US trip. And dad doesn't enjoy very much walking from stores to stores, he rather sit on the bench reading his newspaper or taking a nap.

Tony is rare male creatures that actually enjoys shopping. He will wait patiently outside the store while we take our time looking for deals. Does he looks patiently here??? lol

Jo Jo and I have a lot in common - same passionate toward handbags. Before she was introduced to me, I know she's the admirer of the designer's purses. She used to work as a part time teller in Tony's office. She is a BIG-SHOT teller, she wears designer purses and drives BMW to work. I was making fun of Tony - "your staff is well-off than you are". Despite of her filthy rich background, she never act like one, she is actually a very nice girl.

We spent a lot of time talking about fashion trends. Apparently, we both are Hermes Birkin lover. Hermes, the most coveted bag of all time, the most coveted fashion accessories ever! Hermes bags are coveted by girls who love top designer name products.

Last month, me and Crystal went on our annual Bloor Street shopping. In the previous years, we skipped Hermes for obvious reason - we couldn't afford to buy. When we passed by Hermes store, I suggest to browse around the see what's on display. And I spotted my favourite color - orange Birkin, there was only one sale associates on the floor but he was talking to a male customer excitedly, I'm pretty sure he is gay. After the customer left, he didn't come to serve us, I don't blame him, cos we don't look like we are his potential customer. So, I approached him. He diligently open the show case and hand us the orange Birkin. At that moment, every part of me was excited. I took the Birkin (no, not any bag, it's Birkin) in front of the mirror. Ahh, that feel so good!


Here's my favourite!!!

"Would you mind to tell me, how much is this one?" I asked.

The sale person response politely, "Nine....".

I only catched the first digit. I didn't bother to ask again, as my calculative mind already tell me, include tax, it's 5 figures. Yes, 5 figures. Did you notice, I didn't use exclamation mark here, because it wasn't surprise me, I knew Hermes is EXPENSIVE, very expensive. The only surprise was to find out this 30cm Birkin fall in the 5 figures range. Sighsss... when am I going to have enough fund for my fav? Gotta work harder to feed my Hermes fund.

P/S: If you'd watched "Gem of Life, 珠光寶氣", you will notice many of them were carrying Hermes. Just ot mention a few, Louise Lee (mom) carried the Olive green one (love it). Gigi Lai has at least two, BIG one and another 35cm one (Gigi is the chinese version of Victoria Beckham - I mean the number of Hermes bags they have. Victoria Beckham has x number, I dont' know how many exactly, but everytime she was spotted carrying different colors and styles' Hermes). Maggie Siu show off a couple of Hermes too! **ENVY**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe the sales person actually referring "nine" to nine digit to cue you that you cannot afford to buy.
But the bag is pretty!

Unknown said...

Hehe... No la...he said 9 thousand something something...knowing the 9 thousand is good enough. Wait till I got enough Hermes fund - I will be back!

Post a Comment