Thursday, January 21, 2010

Get to know him again

Dad is going back to Malaysia next Tuesday. After mom went back last week, he seems very bored and dull.

Dad is retired, he has the time of the world to do whatever he likes when he was in Kuching. While in Canada, he is kinda stuck. For this reason, I feel bad for him especially when mom already left. To kill time, he likes to stay in the basement watching his favourite DVDs about CHINA documentaries and Hong Kong dramas. Basement has been his territory ever since he came.

Dad is enthusiastic over music, he is a very good vocal singer. Our friends were amazed during our KaraOke night when they hear dad sings and they thought I can sing too (well, I wish) but I CAN'T! It proved one thing, the ability to sing is not genetic **sob**. Not only does he good at singing, he also a good composer, YES, composer, no kidding. A couple years ago, he composed a song sung by a group of local choirs in a ceremony. During his free time, he enjoys composing songs.

Honestly, I'm kinda sick of "Fur Elise" now. Fur Elise by fur Ludwig Van Beethoven was the reason I take piano lesson. However, in the past 3 months, Fur Elise was played in our house over and over and over again by an unskilled hands, good things we dwell in a detach and sound proof house, otherwise we'll receive tons of complaint. Ya, ya, I'm a little exaggerate but I'm not criticizing dad, in fact he is doing pretty good for a beginner at his age but I just have enough of it. I'm proud of him, though.

Anothing thing I want to mention is I'm impressed when I see my dad doing house chores i.e. laundry, sweeping floor, mopping floor and help out in the kitchen. I never seen him does all these work before. You know, old fashion man are usually toward male chauvinism. Well, it's doesn't mean he does better work than Tony **chuckle**, it just something new to me **wink** and I guess it's time to shed the thought of the imposing personality image.

When the weather is good (during Falls) he likes to take a stroll in our neighbourhood or to the near by plaza to pick up chinese newspapers or bet his luck on lotto. One of his favourite place is the pond, he is fascinating with a large flock of Canadian ducks in the half frozen pond. They like to stay closed to each other in the open water. Actually I have no clue as to why they still here during winter time, while other migratory waterfowl usually migrate south.

I have a feeling dad doesn't like Canada for some reasons. I guess the language barrier, constrained mobility and the cruel winter played big role in this country. Well, I do know he enjoys staying with us especially playing with Ryan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment