Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter yet?

I don't know exactly why most of my posts were on Monday, I guess I just like to blog on Monday for some reasons. It could be Monday is the first day of the work week after two days off, and with rested mind, I'm more chatty or it could be the Monday blues, which I have a lot to bitch about. Making any sense? No? Well, during our school days, we seem to have a lot to catch up with our peers especially on Monday, didn't we? Same thing applied here, although I didn't blog since last Tuesday :P

Honestly, I don't really have any particular topic to talk about today and my mood level is at the mid-range (average) - not too too happy, not too too unhappy (duh!)

Temperature has been above seasonal since last week. This morning, on the way to Ryan's school, he complaints about TOO warm, I quickly roll down the window to let some cool air in. Ryan allergies to a lot of things including heat. Yes, you hear me right, HEAT! My poor child, things that he has to avoid ranging from foods (i.e. peanut, shell fish, MSG) to clothes (i.e. wool, fleece) to environment (i.e. heat). We pray to God to heal his skin problems, keeping our finger cross, hopefully one day, very soon future, he will outgrow all the allergies.

During our childhood, I don't think any of us ever heard of peanut allergy. Peanut allergy is HUGE issue here in North America, one can literally died if you open a bag of peanut on the plane (remember we used to serve with peanuts snack on plane). Now, you get what I mean. Peanut allergy is no kidding matter.

This winter has been GOOD so far. GOOD here means temperature wise. Last weekend, I was wearing fleece sweater and vest in this deep winter month. Compare to this time last year, snow piled up on the side walk about as tall as me... today, look at the ground, you can see yellowed lawn and pavement. I have NO PROBLEM with that. If temperature wanna stay at zero for the rest of the winter, I am absolutely FINE!! If that is it for the snow fall, I'm definitely OK!!

As far as I'm concerned, as long as no snow fall on work days, I'm HAPPY, driving on snowing days is really a pain in the ass. And icy road is driving hazard. In conclude, I don't mind so much about the cold (though I'd still bitch about it every now and then), I do love the white stuff, but PLEASE, just not on the DAY I need to drive long distance.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ali, it is really nice reading your stuff after all so many years where I totally detached from knowing how your life is and of coz getting to know about Ryan. So often we just wanted to know if each other are doing fine but to really know about what's happening around them is indeed a bonus.
Anyway, I would freeze til dead if I was in seasonal country. I even complaint too cold walking into the air-cond mall.But malaysia weather is always this hot and now come to think of it, I was luckier as little Ryan might feel allergy to the supreme heat in malaysia. :(
take care of yourself! and allergy to peanut, yeah..I heard of it. But the allergy effect transmitting through air is the first time heard. what la..so serious one! X(

Post a Comment