Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Berries picking

Summer has come and almost gone, kids going back to school soon. Before summer ends, I want to have another family outing. So, I planned a “Pick Your Own” at Whittemore Farm on Sunday.

On Sunday, after Lord’s Table meeting, we did some grocery shopping and head home. At home, I got too comfortable andlazy to go out, cos it's like 7 hundred degree outside, but Tony reminded me not to break our promise. I drag my feet and pack all necessities, camera, hat, umbrella, water, etc. I’m not a fan of heat, I like to think I’m a piece of ice, under the sun, I’ll melt.


We arrived there at 4pm, one hour before the farm closed, many people are start leaving. While I was waiting for Tony to pay for our entrance and basket, I saw a family: a couples with 6 young children. My first impression is, wow, half a dozen! And I wish I could have half of their half a dozen...hehe

It was almost end of the day, many 'good' ones have been taken home, so, we start at the back. And we managed to pick 2 full baskets of strawberry. It was fun seeing Ryan go thru the leaves trying to find the red juicy fruit.
After strawberry farm, we went to pick raspberry. Last July, I joined Ryan's school field trip to pick raspberries, and I got a full basket of big nice raspberries. This year, we came a little late, so, only small ones left behind. Because I picked too much last year, one bag still in the freezer, I decided to pick enough to eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment