Wednesday, November 18, 2009

H1N1 Hype

Yesterday I got my H1N1 shot. Yes, I did.
In the past three weeks, controversy surrounds H1N1 vaccine. I think the media being overblown.
I'm not so sure about the vaccine. Report shown that children under the age of six are in the high risk group. And people with chronical illness (i.e. asthma) also fall into high risk group. My only concern is Ryan, he met the two high risk category, though his asthma is very mild. Should I let him get the shot or should I not? Last week, DR. Wong offered him the vaccine, I was so confused, couldn't make up my mind. In that split second, I have to make a decision, get the shot without waiting in lines, or walk away with worries of the vaccine runs out. I chose the latter.
After much discussion with friends and family. Ryan was vaccinated on Monday. And I had mine yesterday. I don't remember when was the last time I got vaccinated. In the past 4 years, I had countless time of bloodwork in the lab. Because I have tricky veins, every time before they start drawing my blood, I have to make clear to them. If not, I will get poke a couple times.
Yesterday at my doctor office, the waiting area was flooded with people, I thought of giving up when I saw the crowd. Actually, it wasn't too bad, less than half an hour I got the shot.
I was told after the H1N1 shot, one will experience muscle sore. Before I went to bed last night, the pain started to creeps in. It hurts. I can't even sleep on my left side. It still hurts. And today I feel a lil sick after work, no fever but shiver. I covered myself with blankets yet still feel cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment