Wednesday, November 11, 2009


November is the time of the year when we wear a red poppy in memory of those who sacrificed their lives for us during wars. And today is Remembrance Day.

This morning, after I got in my car, I noticed my poppy wasn't on my jacket. Because I' was running late, I didn't try to find it though it might fell on the closet floor.

Last Saturday, we went to Markville Mall, Ryan needs to use the bathroom and we passed by two veterans setting up the table for selling poppies. He looked at me and says, "mommy, after washroom, can we get stickers?"

I put a toonie in the box and got a poppy. One veteran asked Ryan if he wants the poppy sticker, then I noticed this smart idea that kids get to wear poppy sticker. I love this option for kids. The problem of how to securely fasten the poppy to a garment with its straight pin is really a challenge. That's why my poppy keeps falling off.

I like this blood-red color artificial poppy, especially when you pin it on dark color coat. It's like an accessories to the outfit you wear.

At 11 hours, day 11th, month 11 - there will be a 2 minutes silence observance to honour those who lost their life in the World War. A majority of Canadians believe observing two minutes of silence on Remembrance Day should be mandatory rather than voluntary.
I'm not sure what I'm doing at that hour?

I remember exactly what I was doing on 1994 day 11th, month 11th, hours 11 - after weeks of sitting in the exams hall, we finally declared FREEDOM, as we finished our SPM last paper. On this hours of 11.11.1994 - we bid farewell to our beloved teachers and friends...

0 comments:

Post a Comment