Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Madness

My radio alarm clock went off at 5.45am, my foggy brain kept negotiating me back to sleep, it’s warm and cozy under the duvet, so I decided to snuggle a little longer. Ohhhh, it’s Monday, if not because I have to get up to work, I will be extremely reluctant to get up. Whether I like it or not, I still need to get up. Monday seems the tougher day of the week. I drag my unwilling body and mind toward the closet, pick up a black skirt and white shirt. I decided to wear skirt today to match the new flat shoes I got on weekend.

After put together the outfit **weird** something wrong with the tops, so I change another white shirt, still doesn’t look so right. I gave up. May be today just isn’t a skirt day. As soon as I removed them, I spotted a cardigan. The cardigan and the skirt are perfect match. Look at the clock **shoot** 6.45am, I still in my room. Darn, I gonna be late to work!

In the office, I have 3 missed calls and 2 voicemail. I don’t usually change my voicemail when I was only away for a couple of days. After checking voicemail, I know I dressed inappropriate for today’s event. I need to meet the biologist and whole bunch of contractors on site for fish rescue.

At 10.30am, I’m out to Sawmill Creek. Park my car on the street, put on the safety boot.




Hauling myself down the path in this heavy safety boot.**retard** I feel like a dumb engineer for making two mistakes. Mistake #1: wardrobe malfunction - wearing skirt and black panty hose with safety boot. Mistake #2: didn't wear hard hat in constriction site.

Speaking of dumb, this is the second time in less than a week I called myself dumb. Last Wednesday, I called a company to clarified a mistake that our secretary made. After placing the call, I told Joe I felt like the brainless secretary who did the real dumb mistake. I had a good laugh afterward **LMAO** Dumb and dumber.

Why must I care so much about this site meeting? Because this project is my 'baby', my very first design masterpiece. I did this Sawmill Creek Restoration design in 2007, my first project after I joined the Capital Work Programming.




Downstream of the site, photo taken in winter time.


Looking upstream from the site, photo taken this morning. The contractor is working on the left bank, you can see the jersey barrier and coffer dams. And here the biologist doing the fish rescue.





She used this ring rod to electric shock the fish. They got 3 fishes. Two come thru very quickly and being release back to the creek



This guy didn't get thru as quickly as the other two, he must had hit hard by the ring. The biologist trying to revives the fish a little bit in this bucket, then release it back to the creek. Hopefully he survives. She told me, they will survive though. The bigger the fish, the longer they need to recover from the shock.


Dumb engineer heading back to the office. **Ciao, baby**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool

jordanio said...

congrats on ur newly blog(belated greeting).
what font size u using? it looks big, not so nice.

jordanio said...

hey, never know what you do in your work. it's really bad to on site during winter right? however, it's good to be an environmental engineer, it brings you closer to the nature and makes you "greener" .. ;)

nice post !

Unknown said...

aiyo...i receive complaint about font being too small, so I sized up, it looks like crap i know, i hate big font anyway. Sia, u need reading glasses lar. lol

Post a Comment