Saturday, November 21, 2009

Quality Time

I promised Ryan to take him to zoo this weekend.

When I put him to sleep last night, he kept reminds me, "mommy, when sun comes out, mommy and bao-bao going to zoo."

Before we head to the zoo, we stop by McDonald to fill up our belly (totally against my healthy eating rule #1: stay away from fast food).

Today weather forecast is cloudy with sunny breaks, high 11. When we arrive at the zoo, people dress in winter gears: hat, mitts, scarves, boots, puffy jackets, look at ourself, we only wear sweaters and vest. I was fooled by the sunny and warm feel when I stepped outside this morning. It is indeed very chilly. Not very long, my body generate enough heat to warm myself up after pushing this 33 lbs kiddo up sloppy path. It is exhausting, however it helps burn the calories I swallowed at McDonald.

Our main purpose of this trip is to see arctic animals: polar bear, snowy owl, arctic wolf and reindeer. Last time when we were here, it was summer, we don't get to see the arctic animals due to the construction.

Teepees




First nation (the Red Indian) lives in Teepees


The reindeers - they help pull Santa sleidge. "Where is Rudolpd the red nose reindeer, mommy?" asked Ryan.




Animal facts: Despite what we think, polar bear's fur is not white.


Inukshuk is a landmark built by human.


Hippopotamus has funny body proportions: BIG body, SMALL legs, BIG mouth, SMALL ears and eyes. Though it looks ugly, but **CUTE**



Here's where this cute creature lives.



Let's get a hippo rides...


Despite the cold weather outside, we are having an ice-cream break before we call it a day.

4 comments:

jordanio said...

where were mom and dad? they will be delighted to see the animals live and close distance i guess..

Jen said...

Does Ryan have asthma? if yes, I think he can't eat cool stuffs.

Unknown said...

I hate to say he has asthma, he does has hyper sensitive airway **duh**
I dont usually give him ice cream, once in a while, I let him eat a little (I ate most of it...hehe)

Unknown said...

It was very cold on that day, if the wether is good this weekend, I'll see if they want to go. Let them go out there and freeze their butt out!

Post a Comment